Get our powerpoint presentations to your inbox daily: Suscribe

 

Download details

BESSARABIA - the city of CHISINAU

(0 votes)


   CHIȘINĂU, also known as KISHINEV, is the capital and largest city of the REPUBLIC of MOLDOVA (the former Romanian province Bessarabia).
   The city is MOLDOVA's main industrial and commercial center, and is located in the middle of the country, on the river BÂC, a tributary of the DNIESTER.
   CHIȘINĂU is the most economically prosperous locality in MOLDOVA and its largest transportation hub. A quarter of MOLDOVA's population lives here.
   Founded in 1436 as a monastery village, the city was part of the PRINCIPALITY of MOLDAVIA (which, starting with the 16th century became a vassal state of the OTTOMAN EMPIRE, but still retaining its autonomy). At the beginning of the 19th century CHIȘINĂU was a small town of 7,000 inhabitants.
    In 1812, in the aftermath of the Russo-Turkish War (1806–1812), BESSARABIA was fully reintegrated into the SOVIET UNION, around 65 percent of its territory as the MOLDAVIAN SSR, while the remaining 35 percent were transferred to the UKRAINIAN SSR (Wikipedia).
 





Details

File name bessarabia_-_the_city_of_chisinau_i.ppsx
Size 16.52 MB
Downloads 460
Created 07-24-2020
Created by IS

Report this pps



Download



comments powered by Disqus